- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)5
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Marie H. Copeland, 80, of Sikeston died Monday, April 22, 2002, at her home.
She was born Aug. 10, 1921, in Booneville, Miss., daughter of Clyde and Vivian Gooch Swiney. She and Earl B. "Sonny" Copeland were married Feb. 12, 1947, in Blytheville, Ark.
Copeland moved to Sikeston in 1970 from Blytheville, where she was a member of the Church of Christ and had owned a beauty shop.
Survivors include her husband; two brothers, James Swiney of New Madrid, Mo., Billy Swiney of Sikeston; and three grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, and two brothers.
Friends may call Thursday at Nunnelee Funeral Chapel from 10 a.m. to noon.
Graveside service will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at Mounds Park Cemetery in Lilbourn, Mo. Pat Hogan will officiate.