- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Mildred V. Hayden, 85, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, April 21, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born Nov. 21, 1916, at Morley, Mo., daughter of Eli F. and Mabel Shell Williams. She and Anderson L. Hayden were married in 1937.
Hayden was a member of Old St. Vincent's Catholic Church, St. Mary's Council of Catholic Women, and Cape Girardeau Garden Club. She had been a volunteer at St. Francis Medical Center, Mid America Teen Challenge, Glenn House Gift Shop and a tour guide at Old St. Vincent's Church.
Survivors include her husband; two daughters, Beth Garoutte of Cape Girardeau, Nancy Hayden of Fairlee, Vt.; and a grandchild.
She was preceded in death by a son and two brothers.
Friends may call at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel from 3:30 to 7 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Old St. Vincent's Church, with Monsignor Richard Rolwing officiating. Burial will be in St. Mary's Cemetery.