- Prioritizing Jackson's needs (02/12/16)
- East Cape mayor sends thanks (02/12/16)
- Band proud part of Cape history (02/09/16)
- Thanks for help during flood (02/08/16)
- Church helps stem tides of grief (02/05/16)
- Two sides to Affordable Care Act (01/26/16)
- Bill restores consumer freedom (01/22/16)
- Stop the squeezing (01/17/16)
Projects that use veterans funding are worthwhile
To the editor:
The article appearing in Friday's newspaper regarding the Missouri Veterans Commission Capital Improvements Trust Fund omitted part of my comments, which results in an impression that is not completely accurate. I did state that the fund was being depleted faster than anticipated due to new demands being placed upon it. While I also said that many of these demands were due to legislative initiatives, I added that the commission considered them to be worthwhile undertakings and that the commission had not opposed them. I believe that this final comment needs to be considered to complete the picture.
RONALD L. TAYLOR
Missouri Veterans Commission
Jefferson City, Mo.