- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)25
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
Israeli helicopter attack kills militia leader
HEBRON, West Bank -- A militia leader and another man were killed late Monday in an Israeli helicopter attack in the West Bank city of Hebron, witnesses said.
The helicopter fired missiles at a car, killing Marwan Zalloum, commander of the Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade militia in the city, residents said. The militia, associated with Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat, has taken responsibility for dozens of attacks against Israelis in the West Bank and Gaza Strip during 1 1/2 years of violence.
Palestinian security officials said Zalloum was on a list of 33 activists that Israel turned over to the Palestinians several months ago, demanding that they be arrested.
The Israeli military confirmed that its helicopters fired missiles in a targeted killing.
Israeli forces have killed dozens of suspected Palestinian militant leaders in similar attacks during the conflict.
Hundreds of people gathered around the charred car after the attack, which came just before midnight. The bodies of the two men were badly burned, witnesses said.