- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Wildfire burns 2,000 acres in Arizona
SIERRA VISTA, Ariz. -- Firefighters fought a 2,000-acre wildfire in Coronado National Forest from the air and ground on Sunday, officials said.
One home was destroyed Friday when the fire started, but there were no injuries and no new buildings were threatened.
The fire started on private land about 15 miles from Sonoita in southern Arizona. The cause is being investigated.