- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Bethani Clarice Vandeven, 21, of Chaffee died on Saturday, April 20, 2002, due to injuries from a traffic accident north of Blomeyer, Mo.
She was born on Oct. 16, 1980 in Cape Girardeau, the daughter of Richard and Jackie Glaus Vandeven.
She graduated from Notre Dame High School in Cape Girardeau in 1999. Bethani was a junior at Southeast Missouri State University, majoring in pre-veterinarian medicine. She had a Regents' Scholarship and was on the dean's list.
She also was in the Choral Union at Southeast Missouri State University. Bethani worked in medical records at Orthopaedic Associates in Cape Girar-deau.
She was a member of the St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee and the Daughters of St. Ambrose. Bethani was very active in the church, where she was an organist, song leader and a member of the church choir.
Survivors include her parents of Chaffee; two brothers and sisters-in-law, Richard J. and Darlene Vandeven II of Chaffee and Randal J. and Brandy Vandeven of Scopus, Mo.; paternal grandmother, Barbara Vandeven of Chaffee; and three nieces, Autumn and Amber Vandeven of Chaffee and Rylie Vaneven of Scopus.
She was preceded in death by maternal grandparents, Joe and Beatrice Glaus; and paternal grandfather, Clarence Vandeven.
Friends may call at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee after 5 p.m. Monday. Parish prayers will be recited at 7 p.m., followed by the Knights of Columbus prayer service at 7:30 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be held at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the church.
The Rev. Ralph Duffner will officiate. Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee is in charge of arrangements.