- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
HAYTI, Mo. -- James H. Braxton, 80, of Hayti died Wednesday, April 17, 2002, at Chateau Girardeau Health Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born June 10, 1921, in Mississippi, son of Plez and Annie Mae Braxton. He and Flora Mae Thompson were married Sept. 25, 1954, in Clarksville, Ark.
Braxton was a farmer.
Survivors include: four sons, James Braxton Jr. of Cape Girardeau, Maurice Braxton of Hot Springs, Ark., Charles Thompson of Cape Girardeau, Steven Thompson of Hayti; five daughters, Carletha Baker of Clarksville, Tenn., Jamesetter Abraham and Patricia Braxton of Cape Girardeau, Zipporah Yisrael of Atlanta, Ga., Lorraine Thompson of San Diego, Calif.; 37 grandchildren; and 35 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother and two sisters.
There is no visitation or funeral.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.