- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
West's firsts push Jackson team to runner-up finish
STE. GENEVIEVE, Mo. -- Heather West won the triple jump and helped the Jackson 400-meter relay team to a meet record as the Indians placed second Thursday in the 15-team Ste. Genevieve Invitational.
Farmington finished first with 120.6 points while Jackson was runner-up with 97.6. Perryville's girls placed 12th with 11 points.
West jumped 33 feet, 8 inches to win the triple jump and teamed up with Rachel Smith, Rebecca Martin and Jeanna Bolen to place first in the 400 relay in a record time of 51.18 seconds. Jackson also placed first in the 1600 relay as Rebecca Lowes, Heather Jones, Martin and Bolen clocked 4 minutes, 19.37 seconds.
LEOPOLD 16, KINGSTON 1
LEOPOLD, Mo. -- Leopold (6-0) scored 11 runs in the second inning to set up the three inning run-rule win.
Melinda Trankle tossed a no-hitter at Kingston (0-4), while Courtney Wesbecher and Lori Vandermierden led the offense with two hits each.
Scott City 7, East Prairie 0
EAST PRAIRIE, Mo. -- Amy Young pitched a three-hit shutout with five strikeouts.
Megan Ressel and Shana Wadlington had two hits apiece for Scott City (6-3-1) and Wadlington drove home three runs.
DESOTO 12, PERRYVILLE 9
DE SOTO, Mo.-- Andrew Meyr homered and had four RBIs but it was not enough as Perryville fell to 2-11.
John Lorenz had a triple and two RBIs for the Pirates.
JACKSON 149, CENTRAL 157
Jackson (11-1) shot a combined nine-over-par to defeat Central at the Cape Girardeau Country Club.
Matt Litzelfelner led the Indians with a 1-over 36. Ty Gramling was the low scorer for Central (7-7) with a 37.
Perryville 170, Notre Dame 177
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Perryville's Justin Dreyer garnered medalist honors with a 6-over 41 to lead the Pirates at Perryville Country Club.
Tim Buerck paced Notre Dame (6-7) with a 42.
St. Vincent 157, Festus 158
CRYSTAL CITY, Mo. -- Adam Prost shared the medalist honor with a 1-over 37 as St. Vincent won a tight Jefferson County Conference match at Crystal Highlands.
St. Vincent improved to 4-1 in the conference, 4-3 overall.
JACKSON 7, POPLAR BLUFF 0
ASHLEY BARTELS ADDED A GOAL WHILE HARTMANN HAD TWO ASSISTS. WHITNEY WERNER RECORDED THE SHUTOUT IN GOAL.
JACKSON'S JUNIOR VARSITY WON 3-0 WITH GOALS FROM LEAH LORBERG, AMBER TENHOLDER AND EMILY CURTIS.
DE SOTO, Mo.-- St. Vincent (4-7-1) had goals from Kindle Ernst and Amy Wengert as it blanked De Soto.
Joy Donze and Caitlin Hoeh got the assists and Mindy Cattoor had 14 saves.
Notre Dame 2, Carbondale 1
Emily Worley had both goals in the victory for Notre Dame (6-2-1).
Brittney Little assisted on the first goal and Sierra Ellis on the second.
Notre Dame's JV team lost 2-0.
-- From staff reports