- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Maribeth Needels, 60, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, April 17, 2002, at her home.
She was born Nov. 1, 1941, in Magnolia, Ark., daughter of Calvin and Anna Mae Adams Wetzig. She and Martin D. Needels were married Aug. 21, 1962, in Magnolia.
Needels was a librarian at Kent Library on the campus of Southeast Missouri State University.
She received a bachelor of arts degree from Southern Arkansas University and did additional studies at the University of Nebraska and Southeast Missouri State University. She was an elder, deacon, librarian and Sunday School teacher at First Christian Church.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Thomas Needels of Mount Juliet, Tenn.; a daughter, Jennifer Needels of Nashville, Tenn.; a sister, Lallie Wetzig of Columbus, Ohio; and two grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Friday at the chapel. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park.