- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Armor Newton Roy, 79, of Advance died Wednesday, April 17, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Sept. 2, 1922, at Bald Knob, Ark., the son of John Wesley Roy and Francis Elizabeth Greer Roy. He married Geneva Wansitler on Nov. 17, 1942. She survives.
He was a set-up man for General Motors and AC Spark Plug in Flint, Mich., before retiring. He also did missionary work in Kenya and Capetown, South Africa. He was a member of the Assembly of God church.
He also is survived by a brother, Wilburn Roy of Marble Hill, Mo., and a sister, Jessie Jones of Florida.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be after 10 a.m. Friday at the Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Clifton Trentham officiating.
Burial will be at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.