- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ADVANCE, Mo. -- Armor Newton Roy, 79, of Advance died Wednesday, April 17, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Sept. 2, 1922, at Bald Knob, Ark., the son of John Wesley Roy and Francis Elizabeth Greer Roy. He married Geneva Wansitler on Nov. 17, 1942. She survives.
He was a set-up man for General Motors and AC Spark Plug in Flint, Mich., before retiring. He also did missionary work in Kenya and Capetown, South Africa. He was a member of the Assembly of God church.
He also is survived by a brother, Wilburn Roy of Marble Hill, Mo., and a sister, Jessie Jones of Florida.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be after 10 a.m. Friday at the Morgan Funeral Chapel in Advance.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the chapel, with the Rev. Clifton Trentham officiating.
Burial will be at Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.