- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
MORLEY, Mo. -- Funeral for Robert Ray Morris of Morley will be held at 10 a.m. Friday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. The Rev. Lee Roy Quinn will officiate. Burial will be in Mound City National Cemetery in Mound City, Ill., with military graveside rites by VFW Post 3838 in Cape Girardeau.
Friends may call at the funeral home from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday.
Morris, 80, died Monday, April 15, 2002, at John J. Pershing VA Medical Center in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
He was born March 29, 1922, in Champaign, Ill., son of Harley Ray and Mary Robitine Fuller Morris. He and Florence E. Bumgarner were married May 10, 1969, in Salem, Ill.
Morris worked 29 years at Jerry Lipps Trucking, retiring in 1999. He was formerly of Salem, Champaign, Rantoul and McClure, Ill., moving to Morley nine years ago.
He was a member of VFW Post 3838, American Legion and lifetime member of Loyal Order of Moose Lodge 8361 in Salem.
Morris served in the U.S. Army from Dec. 14, 1942, to Nov. 17, 1945.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, Robin Morris of Cape Girardeau, Donald Nauert of Morley, John Nauert of Centralia, Ill.; three daughters, Linda Morris of Dallas, Texas, Cherie Dorr of Hollister, Mo., Sue Baker of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Mary Pegg of Rantoul, Margaret Hayden of Vancouver, Wash.; 11 grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son and two brothers.