- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Mayor of Spanish resort goes to jail
MADRID, Spain -- The scandal-ridden mayor of a Mediterranean resort town was jailed Tuesday on charges of fraud and embezzling $54 million from both public funds and his Madrid soccer club.
Jesus Gil y Gil, the mayor of Marbella, was ordered held in custody until his trial on April 25.