- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Book - War hero lied about record
The Associated Press
OTTAWA -- One of Canada's greatest war heroes lied about his war record, according to a new book.
Billy Bishop, a World War I pilot, is credited with 72 air victories.
In his book out in June -- "The Making of Billy Bishop" -- Canadian historian Brereton Greenhous said Bishop's superiors exaggerated his air victories, but then Bishop realized he could get get away with lying and continued to do so.