- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
TAMMS, Ill. -- James Pleasant "Pete" Johnson, 70, of Elco, Ill., died Sunday, April 14, 2002, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born Nov. 11, 1931, at Sandusky, Ill., son of Augustus Evert and Edna Mae Harper Johnson.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, having served in the Korean War.
Survivors include a son, Bob Johnson of Billings, Mo.; a stepson, James Lee Bort of Chicago; a sister, Josephine Sims of Tamms, Ill., and two grandsons.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. at Jones Funeral Home in Tamms.
Funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the chapel, with the Rev. Larry Buckles officiating. Burial will be in St. John's Cemetery near Dongola, with full military honors by the Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 of Anna.