- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Samuel Farrow guilty in kidnapping, molestation
JACKSON, Mo. -- Samuel J. Farrow was found guilty of 13 of 15 charges levied against him in the kidnapping and rape of two young girls in 2000.
Judge John Grimm, who presided over the three-day bench trial, said Farrow is criminally responsible for his actions, denying defense lawyer Al Lowes' contention that Farrow is mentally defective.
On two occasions, Farrow pulled girls ages 4 and 6 from the window of the same Scott City mobile home and molested them.
Crime reporter Andrea L. Buchanan will have the full story in Friday's Southeast Missourian.