- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Health calendar 4/11
"Ask Your Doctor" airs at 8 p.m. on Channel 5, with Dr. Scott Weiner speaking about children and pain. The show is sponsored by the Cape Girardeau County Area Medical Society, St. Francis Medical Center and Southeast Missouri Hospital.
Carbohydrate counting class from 1 to 2 p.m. in Diabetes Center at St. Francis Medical Center. To register, call 331-5897.
Managing change class from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. in the Diabetes Center at St. Francis Medical Center. For more information, call 331-5897.
Asthma education class at 6:30 p.m. in Generations Center at Southeast Missouri Hospital. Call 651-5825 to register.
La Leche League Support Group meets from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. in Conference Room A at St. Francis Medical Center. For information, call 334-2705.
Insulin administration instructor class from 1 to 2 p.m. in the Diabetes Center at St. Francis Medical Center. To register, call 331-5897.
Heartsaver CPR class from 8 a.m. to noon at Main Street Fitness Center in Jackson, Mo. Fee is $20. To register, call 334-WELL.
American Red Cross First Aid class from 1 to 4 p.m. at Main Street Fitness Center. Fee is $25. Participants who complete the course are certified for three years. For information, call 243-2211.
Preparation for childbirth class from 8:30 to 4 p.m. in the conference room in the Healing Arts Center. For registration information, call 331-5107.
Insulin administration instructor class from 10 to 11 a.m. in Diabetes Center at St. Francis Medical Center. To register, call 331-5897.
Sibling class for children ages 3 to 9 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. in conference room at Healing Arts Center. To register, call 331-5107.
Our new baby class from 6 to 7 p.m. in Generations Center for 2- ,3- and 4-year-olds and their parents. The program is free, but registration is required. Call 651-5833 for information.
Behavioral management class from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Harrison Room at Southeast Missouri Hospital. To register, call 651-5825.
Blood drive from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. in conference rooms A and B at St. Francis Education Center.
Blood drive from 2 to 7 p.m. at Westfield Shoppingtown West Park. Donors should bring some form of identification.
Infant massage class 5:30 to 7 p.m. in conference room at Center for Health and Rehabilitation. Cost is $45 per single parent or couple. To register, call 331-5107.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome seminar from 6:30 to 8 p.m. at Generations Center. Dr. Scott Gibbs will discuss signs and symptoms of the condition.
Epilepsy Support Group meets from 6 to 8 p.m. in Conference Room A of St. Francis Education Center.
Living Well with Diabetes class from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. in Conference Room D at St. Francis Education Center. For information, call 331-5897.
Blood drive from noon to 5 p.m. at Dempster Hall at Southeast Missouri State University.
Breast-feeding class from noon to 2 p.m. at Generations Center. There is no fee; to register call 651-5833.
Bereavement Support Group at 1 p.m. in Meeting Room 102 at Southeast Missouri Hospital. For information, call Connie Griswold at 651-5519.