- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
ANNA, Ill. -- David M. Weaver, 73, of Anna died Saturday, April 6, 2002, at his home.
He was born Feb. 9, 1929, in Lancaster County, Penn., son of David O. and Lizzie Martin Weaver. He and Lizzie Horst were married Jan. 20, 1951.
Weaver was a member and deacon of Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church east of Anna. He was a farmer, feed grinder and carpenter.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Naomi Good and Julia Martin, both of Versailles, Mo., and Dorcas Zimmerman of Marietta, Pa.; a foster daughter, Tina M. Spraggs of Anna; a son, David H. Weaver of Anna; two sisters, Esther Martin of Wellsboro, Penn., and Ruth Silverman of Mill Creek, Calif.; five brothers, Ivan Weaver and John Weaver, both of Lebanon, Penn., Luke Weaver of Florida, Melvin Weaver of Ephrata, Penn., and Harvey Weaver of Dongola, Ill.; 35 grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, a brother, three sisters, three grandsons and a granddaughter.
Friends may call at the Mount Pleasant Mennonite Church from 2 to 4 p.m. and from 6 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 9:30 a.m. Tuesday at the church. Phares Martin, Issac Sensenig, Glenn Sensenig, Clair Weaver and Harlan Martin will officiate with burial in the church cemetery.
Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of arrangements.