- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
SIKESTON, Mo. -- Gina Engler, 85, formerly of Sikeston, died Sunday, March 31, 2002, at Delmar Gardens West Nursing Home in Chesterfield, Mo.
She was born April 5, 1916, in Tipper County, Miss., daughter of Rasin Malden and Ruth Dollar Alsup.
Engler was a licensed practical nurse.
Survivors include a son, Mark Engler of Ocean City, N.J.; two daughters, Susan Jacobsmeyer and Ann Crowley of St. Louis; a brother, Castor Alsup of Sikeston; two sisters, Hilma Lumsden of Atlanta, Ga., Mary Meyer of St. Louis; and six grandchildren.
A private memorial service will be held at a later date.
Ponder Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.