- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Car bomb rocks west Jerusalem
ERUSALEM (AP) -- A suicide attacker set off a car bomb in west Jerusalem near the Old City on Monday night, killing the bomber and seriously wounding a policeman who was inspecting the vehicle at a checkpoint.
Two or three other people might have been injured, police said.
The blast -- the sixth bombing in six days -- blew the roof off the white car, leaving behind a twisted hulk of metal in the area, which was not crowded.
"A terrorist who was inside the car blew up and was killed," police spokesman Kobi Zariyahu said.
Police Chief Mickey Levy told Channel 1 television that the car exploded when a member of the security forces went to check it because it aroused suspicion. Levy didn't say what made police suspicious.
"The security forces member was very, very severely injured and there may be two or three others injured," Levy said.