- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
Car bomb rocks west Jerusalem
ERUSALEM (AP) -- A suicide attacker set off a car bomb in west Jerusalem near the Old City on Monday night, killing the bomber and seriously wounding a policeman who was inspecting the vehicle at a checkpoint.
Two or three other people might have been injured, police said.
The blast -- the sixth bombing in six days -- blew the roof off the white car, leaving behind a twisted hulk of metal in the area, which was not crowded.
"A terrorist who was inside the car blew up and was killed," police spokesman Kobi Zariyahu said.
Police Chief Mickey Levy told Channel 1 television that the car exploded when a member of the security forces went to check it because it aroused suspicion. Levy didn't say what made police suspicious.
"The security forces member was very, very severely injured and there may be two or three others injured," Levy said.