- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Car bomb rocks west Jerusalem
ERUSALEM (AP) -- A suicide attacker set off a car bomb in west Jerusalem near the Old City on Monday night, killing the bomber and seriously wounding a policeman who was inspecting the vehicle at a checkpoint.
Two or three other people might have been injured, police said.
The blast -- the sixth bombing in six days -- blew the roof off the white car, leaving behind a twisted hulk of metal in the area, which was not crowded.
"A terrorist who was inside the car blew up and was killed," police spokesman Kobi Zariyahu said.
Police Chief Mickey Levy told Channel 1 television that the car exploded when a member of the security forces went to check it because it aroused suspicion. Levy didn't say what made police suspicious.
"The security forces member was very, very severely injured and there may be two or three others injured," Levy said.