- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)8
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)11
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Car bomb rocks west Jerusalem
ERUSALEM (AP) -- A suicide attacker set off a car bomb in west Jerusalem near the Old City on Monday night, killing the bomber and seriously wounding a policeman who was inspecting the vehicle at a checkpoint.
Two or three other people might have been injured, police said.
The blast -- the sixth bombing in six days -- blew the roof off the white car, leaving behind a twisted hulk of metal in the area, which was not crowded.
"A terrorist who was inside the car blew up and was killed," police spokesman Kobi Zariyahu said.
Police Chief Mickey Levy told Channel 1 television that the car exploded when a member of the security forces went to check it because it aroused suspicion. Levy didn't say what made police suspicious.
"The security forces member was very, very severely injured and there may be two or three others injured," Levy said.