- Scott City man dies in motorcycle crash near Millersville (8/13/17)
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Councilman: Scott City mayor, city administrator resigned (8/15/17)4
- Teen convicted of shooting area woman in 2015 (8/13/17)
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Man accused of making terror threats against dental office (8/13/17)
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
Car bomb rocks west Jerusalem
ERUSALEM (AP) -- A suicide attacker set off a car bomb in west Jerusalem near the Old City on Monday night, killing the bomber and seriously wounding a policeman who was inspecting the vehicle at a checkpoint.
Two or three other people might have been injured, police said.
The blast -- the sixth bombing in six days -- blew the roof off the white car, leaving behind a twisted hulk of metal in the area, which was not crowded.
"A terrorist who was inside the car blew up and was killed," police spokesman Kobi Zariyahu said.
Police Chief Mickey Levy told Channel 1 television that the car exploded when a member of the security forces went to check it because it aroused suspicion. Levy didn't say what made police suspicious.
"The security forces member was very, very severely injured and there may be two or three others injured," Levy said.