- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)32
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Car bomb rocks west Jerusalem
ERUSALEM (AP) -- A suicide attacker set off a car bomb in west Jerusalem near the Old City on Monday night, killing the bomber and seriously wounding a policeman who was inspecting the vehicle at a checkpoint.
Two or three other people might have been injured, police said.
The blast -- the sixth bombing in six days -- blew the roof off the white car, leaving behind a twisted hulk of metal in the area, which was not crowded.
"A terrorist who was inside the car blew up and was killed," police spokesman Kobi Zariyahu said.
Police Chief Mickey Levy told Channel 1 television that the car exploded when a member of the security forces went to check it because it aroused suspicion. Levy didn't say what made police suspicious.
"The security forces member was very, very severely injured and there may be two or three others injured," Levy said.