- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)13
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
ANNA, Ill. -- Clyde L. Harvel, 45, of Anna died Sunday, March 31, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 2, 1957, at Carlsbad, N.M., son of Fred A. and Constance L. Rose Harvel. He and Julie Bennett were married April 3, 1976, at Anna.
Harvel was a member of the Jonesboro Masonic Lodge #111 AF&AM and was a mental health technician at the Choate Mental Health Center in Anna.
Survivors include his wife; his mother; two daughters, Michelle Dirden of Anna and Rachael Harvel of Anna; two brothers, Bobby Harvel and Jeff Harvel, both of Jonesboro; two sisters, Lynda Newton of Smithland, Ky., and Jennifer Harvel of Henderson, Ky.; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his father and a brother.
Friends may call from 6 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with Kim Capel officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.