- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
ANNA, Ill. -- Zelma Ruth Treece, 80, of Anna died at 2:08 p.m. Saturday, March 30, 2002, at Union County Hospital in Anna.
She was born Oct. 26, 1921, at Jonesboro, Ill., daughter of John and Mary Lacy Rhodes. She was married to Tyrus R. Treece. He died in 1947.
Treece was a member of the Mount Moriah Lutheran Church in Anna, a member of the VFW Ladies Auxiliary in Anna and was retired from the Choate Mental Health Center in Anna.
Survivors include a daughter, Carolyn Webb of Jonesboro; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a brother and two grandchildren.
Friends may call after 6 p.m. today at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with Rick Hertenstein officiating. Burial will be in Casper Cemetery, north of Anna.