- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
EL CAMPO, Texas -- Virginia Webb, 82, of El Campo, formerly of Anna, Ill., died Wednesday, March 27, 2002, at El Campo Memorial Hospital.
She was born Oct. 23, 1919, at Ullin, Ill., daughter of Nile and Lutie Siebert Wood.
Webb was a member of the First Christian Church in Anna, where she was an active volunteer. She retired after 33 years of service as a dietary worker at Choate Mental Health. She was a member of the Union County Home Extension, Business and Professional Women's Association and was a hospice volunteer.
Survivors include a daughter, Doris Rae Ritter Majure of El Campo; a brother, Eugene Wood of Carbondale, Ill.; six grandchildren; and 10 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, a son, a daughter and a great-grandson.
Friends may call from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. today at the funeral home, with Dr. Dave Soucie and the Rev. Chris Ritter officiating. Burial will be in Cache Chapel Cemetery.