- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Abortionists should be treated as criminals
To the editor:
Once again, pro-choicers have dragged out the old lie about illegal abortions being done by back-alley butchers with coat hangers resulting in the deaths of 5,000 to 10,000 women each year.
Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of the National Abortion Rights Action League, said, "I confess that I knew the figures were totally false. ... But in the morality of the revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics?"
We should restore criminal status, and once again put abortionists who kill women in jail where they belong.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS