- A Whopper of an honor: Local company named top Burger King franchisee (11/15/17)3
- Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid (11/17/17)1
- Southern Illinois farmer's grapevines destroyed by dicamba; four years of work lost (10/29/17)2
- Cape attorney Brandon Cooper to run for judge (11/20/17)2
- State audit: Bollinger County tax levies violate state law; county commission disagrees (11/17/17)3
- Aldi store reopens after renovations (11/14/17)3
- Cape native co-directs Thanksgiving-related indie film, 'Drinksgiving' (11/17/17)
- The Tungsten Groove to release first album featuring original songs (11/17/17)
- Son of Westboro Baptist Church patriarch discusses abuse, faith (11/15/17)6
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in accident on Highway 72 (11/19/17)
Abortionists should be treated as criminals
To the editor:
Once again, pro-choicers have dragged out the old lie about illegal abortions being done by back-alley butchers with coat hangers resulting in the deaths of 5,000 to 10,000 women each year.
Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of the National Abortion Rights Action League, said, "I confess that I knew the figures were totally false. ... But in the morality of the revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics?"
We should restore criminal status, and once again put abortionists who kill women in jail where they belong.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS