- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Mother charged after toddler falls out of moving car (7/29/16)3
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Cape to get small-market ride-sharing service carGO (7/29/16)10
- Food plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
Abortionists should be treated as criminals
To the editor:
Once again, pro-choicers have dragged out the old lie about illegal abortions being done by back-alley butchers with coat hangers resulting in the deaths of 5,000 to 10,000 women each year.
Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of the National Abortion Rights Action League, said, "I confess that I knew the figures were totally false. ... But in the morality of the revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics?"
We should restore criminal status, and once again put abortionists who kill women in jail where they belong.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS