- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)3
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)23
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
Abortionists should be treated as criminals
To the editor:
Once again, pro-choicers have dragged out the old lie about illegal abortions being done by back-alley butchers with coat hangers resulting in the deaths of 5,000 to 10,000 women each year.
Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of the National Abortion Rights Action League, said, "I confess that I knew the figures were totally false. ... But in the morality of the revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics?"
We should restore criminal status, and once again put abortionists who kill women in jail where they belong.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS