- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Abortionists should be treated as criminals
To the editor:
Once again, pro-choicers have dragged out the old lie about illegal abortions being done by back-alley butchers with coat hangers resulting in the deaths of 5,000 to 10,000 women each year.
Bernard Nathanson, co-founder of the National Abortion Rights Action League, said, "I confess that I knew the figures were totally false. ... But in the morality of the revolution, it was a useful figure, widely accepted, so why go out of our way to correct it with honest statistics?"
We should restore criminal status, and once again put abortionists who kill women in jail where they belong.
CHRISTINE E. STEPHENS