- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church was the setting Oct. 12, 2001, for the wedding of Shannon Michelle Lowes and Lawrence Barrett "Barry" Rice. The Rev. J. Friedel performed the double ring ceremony.
Music was provided by Cheryl Oberhaus and Alan Bruns of Cape Girardeau. Readers were Ian Dale, cousin of the bride, and David Dooley, both of Cape Girardeau. Eucharistic ministers were John Dale of Caruthersville, Mo., great-uncle of the bride, and Zachary Rice of Cape Girardeau, brother of the groom.
Parents of the couple are Steve and Jane Lowes of Cape Girardeau, and Larry and Dorothy Rice of Dexter, Mo.
Maids of honor were Cathy Byrn of Evansville, Ind., cousin of the bride, and April Murphy of Friendsville, Tenn. Bridesmaids were Cheryl Hilterbrand of Springfield, Mo., and Kristina Dullum of Cape Girardeau.
Zachary Rice and Justin Pratt of Cape Girardeau were best men. Groomsmen were Joseph Brewer of Carbondale, Ill., and James Lowes of Memphis, Tenn., brother of the bride.
Candlelighters were Katie Willson-Brewer of Carbondale and Joe Fisher of Doniphan, Mo.
Flower girl was Jessica Lowes, daughter of Greg and Cindy Lowes of Cape Girardeau and cousin of the bride. Ringbearer was Zachary Abbott, son of Andy and Jamie Byrn of Red Bud, Ill., and cousin of the bride.
Guest book attendants were Edith and Victoria Lowes, aunt and cousin of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Osage Community Centre. Servers were Charity Emmons, Sarah Riley, Julia Seyer and Laura Rickman.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 11 at Drury Lodge.
Mrs. Rice is a 1999 graduate of Central High School, and is attending Southeast Missouri State University.
The groom is a 2001 graduate of Southeast University, and is attending Southern Illinois University-Carbondale. He is a graduate student in the mathematics department at SIU.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.