- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Patsy Imogene Powers, 60, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, March 25, 2002, at St. Francis Medical Center.
She was born March 10, 1942, at Puxico, Mo., daughter of William Anderson and Ines Irene Patterson Swallows. She and Chester D. Powers were married Aug. 10, 1962, at Bloomfield, Mo.
Patsy was a scout den mother and a room mother at Alma Schrader School for several years when her children were young. She was a member of Hanover Lutheran Church.
Survivors include her husband; three sons, Doug Powers of Selinsgrove, Pa., Scott Powers of Memphis, Tenn., Patrick Powers of Cape Girardeau; a brother, Larry Swallows of St. Louis; three grandsons, Andy Powers, Tommy Powers, Andrew Powers; an aunt, Florence Sanders of Dexter, Mo.; two uncles, Charles Swallows of Canalou, Mo., and Elmer Swallows of Dexter.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home from 4-8 p.m. today, 8-11:30 a.m. Thursday, and at Hanover Lutheran Church after 12:30 p.m. Thursday.
Funeral service will be at 1:30 p.m. Thursday at Hanover Lutheran Church. The Rev. Jeffrey Sippy will officiate. Burial will be in Hanover Lutheran Cemetery.
Memorials may be made to the American Diabetes Association.