- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Mr. and Mrs. Eldon Thorne of Patton, Mo., announce the engagement of their daughter, Stacey J. Thorne, to Daniel P. Heisserer, both of Cape Girardeau. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth Heisserer of Kelso, Mo.
Thorne is a graduate of Meadow Heights High School at Patton. She received a bachelor of science degree in nursing from Southeast Missouri State University. She is a surgical nurse on the cardiovascular team at St. Francis Medical Center.
Heisserer is a graduate of Notre Dame High School, and attended Southeast University. He is employed at Nordenia USA Inc.
A May 4 wedding is planned at St. Augustine Catholic Church.