- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)9
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)2
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
- Southeast Missouri State football players, local police team up for Backstoppers benefit (7/22/16)2
JACKSON, Mo. -- Fellowship Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau was the setting June 9, 2001, for the wedding of Deborah Susan Wortmann and Jeremy Andrew Wachter. Drew Dietz performed the ceremony. Pianist was Kristi Thurman of Cape Girardeau and soloist was Josh Eyring of Montville, Ohio.
Parents of the couple are Gerald Bruce and Jackie Wortmann and Allen and Anna Mae Wachter, all of Jackson.
Laura Stiegemeyer of Jackson was maid of honor. Bridesmaids were Angela Roberts of Jackson, Darla Upchurch of Lafayette, Colo., Amy Cracraft of Rolla, Mo., Kara Dietz, and Jennifer Byrd, sister of the groom, both of Jackson.
The groom chose Dan Schott of Springfield, Mo., as best man. Groomsmen were Matt Wortmann of Jackson, brother of the bride; Paul Albers of Sparta, Ill.; and Adam Wachter of Altenburg, Mo., cousin of the groom. Ushers were Jeff Wachter of Cape Girardeau and Jerome Wachter of Russellville, Ark., brothers of the groom; and Terry Byrd of Jackson, brother-in-law of the groom.
Candlelighters were Julie Exendine of Mexico, Mo., and Sally Wortmann of Kansas City, Mo., cousins of the bride.
Flower girl was Morgan Wachter, daughter of Jerome and Renee Wachter and niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Kodi Byrd, son of Terry and Jennifer Byrd and nephew of the groom.
Guest book attendants were Julie Illers, Mary Badino and Diane Carpenter.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Cape Girardeau Elks Lodge. Servers were Barb Wachter, Renee Wachter, Melinda Dietz, Pat Carpenter, Pam Badino and Ruby Barnes.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 8 at the Elks Lodge.
Mrs. Wachter received a bachelor of science degree in communication disorders from Southeast Missouri State University in May 2001. She is pursuing a master's degree in speech-language pathology at St. Louis University.
The groom received a bachelor of science degree in engineering physics from Southeast University in May 2001. He is employed at Boeing Co. in St. Louis.
The couple is residing in St. Louis.