- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Michele Ann Matzat and Kurt Dean Lord exchanged vows Nov. 10, 2001, at Bethel Lutheran Church in St. Louis. The bride's father, Dr. William A. Matzat, performed the double ring ceremony. Organist was Stephen Mager of St. Louis, trumpeter was Dan Berry of Cape Girardeau, and flutist was Eric Matzat of Branson, Mo., brother of the bride.
The bride is the daughter of William and Bonnie Matzat of Cape Girardeau. The groom is the son of Dr. Richard and Marilyn Lord of St. Louis.
Matron of honor was Tanya Bergantz of Enterprise, Ala., sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Cynthia Matzat of Branson, sister-in-law of the bride, and Melissa Shepard of St. Louis, sister of the groom.
The groom chose his father as best man. Groomsmen were Keith Lord of Chicago, brother of the groom, and Stephen Simon of The Colony, Texas, cousin of the groom. Ushers were John Saleeby, Stan Bjurstrom and Robert Wetzel, all of St. Louis.
Ringbearer was Corey Matzat, son of Eric and Cynthia Matzat and nephew of the bride.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at Concordia Seminary in St. Louis.
The groom's parents hosted the reception Nov. 9 at the University Club in St. Louis.
Mrs. Lord is a 1986 graduate of Central High School, 1990 graduate of Washington University, and received a master's degree from Southern Illinois University-Carbondale in 1992. She is marketing manager at Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum Inc. architectural firm in St. Louis.
The groom is a 1981 graduate of St. Louis Country Day School, 1985 graduate of Southern Methodist University, received a juris doctorate from Washington University School of Law, and a master's degree in business administration from Southern Methodist University. He is president of Onlylink communications company in St. Louis.
The couple resides in St. Louis.