- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CARBONDALE, Ill. -- Louis Edward Brewer, 75, of Carbondale died Friday, March 22, 2002, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born June 22, 1926, in Perryville, Mo., son of Edward Louis and Stella Ann Bass Brewer. He and Georgia Anne Hensley were married Dec. 26, 1953. She died May 18, 1982. He and Rita Eckenfels were married Jan. 15, 1985.
He was an electronics engineer in the U.S. Navy, serving in World War II, Korea and Vietnam. He was a member of American Legion Post 133 in Perryville, the VFW in Port Hueneme, Calif., the Fleet Reserve Association at Port Hueneme and the Knights of Columbus, Third Degree, in Perryville.
Survivors include his wife; three sisters, Dorothy A. Uding of Homosassa Springs, Fla., Sister Helen Brewer of Austin, Texas, and Victoria Elliott of Brookport, Ill.; and two brothers, Albert J. Brewer and Dennis C. Brewer, both of Perryville.
He also was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Friends may call from 4:30 to 9 p.m. Sunday and from 6:30 to 9:40 a.m. Monday at Young & Sons Chapel in Perryville. A Catholic wake will be at 7 p.m. Sunday.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Vincent DePaul Catholic Church, with the Rev. Joe Williams officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.