- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)10
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Young author gave up TV at age 7 to pursue writing, and has recently finished his third novel (1/20/18)
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Cinderella shines in debut at Bedell (1/20/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
Student leaders got local support for convention
To the editor:
Thank you very much for your support of the 54th annual Missouri Association of Student Councils state convention. Through your help, our convention was a great success and model for future state conventions. This convention would not have been possible without the generous support from you and the community.
Each year, students from around the state gather to share ideas about leadership and explain how their student councils are run at their schools. This provides an opportunity for delegates to learn about other parts of the state as well as to develop their leadership skills. Out of this convention will emerge many community leaders in various fields of work.
Our convention was a tremendous success as we showed delegates from across Missouri "A Leadership Thang With a Southeast Twang."
Central High School