- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Student leaders got local support for convention
To the editor:
Thank you very much for your support of the 54th annual Missouri Association of Student Councils state convention. Through your help, our convention was a great success and model for future state conventions. This convention would not have been possible without the generous support from you and the community.
Each year, students from around the state gather to share ideas about leadership and explain how their student councils are run at their schools. This provides an opportunity for delegates to learn about other parts of the state as well as to develop their leadership skills. Out of this convention will emerge many community leaders in various fields of work.
Our convention was a tremendous success as we showed delegates from across Missouri "A Leadership Thang With a Southeast Twang."
Central High School