- Few Southeast students face suspension, expulsion for sexual assaults, campus paper finds (4/25/17)5
- Perryville family organizing bone-marrow drive Friday for ailing 6-year-old boy (4/26/17)
- Woman battered after smashing boyfriend's meth pipe against wall, police say (4/25/17)1
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- Temptations bassist dies after Cape Girardeau show (4/26/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- BBB warns Jackson man's online business might not be legit (4/24/17)
- Cape couple turns their home into cozy, comfortable music venue (4/24/17)
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Sikeston man charged in shooting death of Cape man (4/23/17)
Student leaders got local support for convention
To the editor:
Thank you very much for your support of the 54th annual Missouri Association of Student Councils state convention. Through your help, our convention was a great success and model for future state conventions. This convention would not have been possible without the generous support from you and the community.
Each year, students from around the state gather to share ideas about leadership and explain how their student councils are run at their schools. This provides an opportunity for delegates to learn about other parts of the state as well as to develop their leadership skills. Out of this convention will emerge many community leaders in various fields of work.
Our convention was a tremendous success as we showed delegates from across Missouri "A Leadership Thang With a Southeast Twang."
Central High School