- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. - Funeral for Henry Warren Bolin of Poplar Bluff, was held Wednesday, March 6, 2002, at Cotrell Funeral Chapel in Poplar Bluff. The Rev. Kurt Schuermann officiated. Burial was in Kinsey Cemetery in Butler County, near Harviell, Mo.
Bolin, 79, died Sunday, March 3, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born April 23, 1922, in Harviell. He married Verna Mae Brannum in Poplar Bluff on May 29, 1948.
He was a retired auditor, working with the Missouri Division of Employment Security for 27 years. He was a member of the Associated of Retired Missouri State Employees Association, First United Methodist Church, and Poplar Bluff Masonic Lodge #209 AF&AM.
He was also a veteran of the United States Army, serving in both Asiatic Pacific and European Theaters during World War II. He was a member of the VFW Post #6477 and State American Legion.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Roger Bolin of Oak Ridge, Mo.; a daughter, Karen Bell of Poplar Bluff; five grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.