- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
OLIVE BRANCH, Ill. -- Wesley Lee Sharp, 84, of Olive Branch and formerly of Grand Chain, Ill., died Tuesday, March 19, 2002, at his home.
He was a member of the Ohio Chapel United Methodist Church in Grand Chain. He was a member of Plumbers and Pipefitters Local 160 at Murphysboro, Ill.
He is survived by his wife, Catherine, of Olive Branch; a daughter, Judy Petermichel of Olive Branch; a son, Leon Shumaker of Grand Chain; a brother, Charlie Sharp of Olmsted, Ill.; five grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, Albert and Lucy Dorrance Sharp; three brothers, a sister and an infant son.
Visitation will be from 5-8 p.m. today at the Wilson Funeral Home in Karnak, Ill.
Services will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the Ohio Chapel United Methodist Church near Grand Chain with the Rev. Joey Dunning officiating.
Burial will be at the Ohio Chapel Cemetery.