- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)26
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
People & accomplishments
Cape bowler's 855 series earns spot in hall of fame
Stan Lueders of Cape Girardeau earned a spot in the state's bowling hall of fame when he bowled a district-record 855 series at West Park Lanes in Cape Girardeau.
It was the best series in Lueders' 15 years of competitive bowling and consisted of games of 257, 299 and 299.
The 855 is a record for the Cape Girardeau district of the American Bowling Congress, which includes West Park Lanes and Jackson Lanes.
"Everything has to be working just right when that happens," Lueders, 42, said.
The 855 beat his previous best of 805 three years ago. He bowled an 800 last year.
Central sophomore third in state powerlifting meet
Lindsay Pledger of Cape Girardeau placed third in the high school nationals power-lifting competition held in St. Louis. She was among 428 students across the nation who competed.
Pledger, competing in the 165-pound class, reached 275 lbs. in the squat, 126 in the bench press and 292 in the deadlift.
She is a sophomore at Central High School.
Chip-A-Ways golf group elects Wink as president
Bev Wink was elected president of the Cape Chip-A-Ways golf club at the group's annual meeting.
Other officers chosen were vice president Liz Grimes, secretary Mary Vancleve and treasurer Deanna Peterman.
The group will begin league play April 16. For information, contact Wink at 204-7723.
-- From staff reports