- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
East St. Louis man charged after chase in Cape
Cape Girardeau police arrested an East St. Louis, Ill., man Tuesday night after he led them on a low-speed chase through town that resulted in damage to a police car.
Qurchan L. Wallace was charged with 15 misdemeanors, including failure to yield to an emergency vehicle. Most of the violations were for failure to stop at red lights. According to Scott Lipke, assistant prosecuting attorney, Wallace's vehicle rolled into a police car after he tried to flee.
The chase occurred about 10:30 Tuesday night when an officer noticed Wallace's expired license plates. It extended several blocks from the intersection of Pacific and Independence until ending at the intersection of Pacific and Merriwether.