- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Girl, 6, wanders away from school
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. -- A 6-year-old girl who was removed from her trailer classroom for being disruptive wandered a half-mile to a McDonald's restaurant.
Police said the teacher left the girl alone outside for less than a minute while she went to get other school officials. When the teacher returned, the girl was gone, police said. She was found about 30 minutes later.
eating ice cream at McDonald's, police said.
Randall Elementary School principal Roger Myers said the school has now assigned someone to be with the girl all day. He said officials did not know the girl had a history of running from her parents.