- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Lee M. Fuist of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, March 16, 2002, at Fountainbleau Lodge.
She was born in St. Louis, daughter of Silvestro and Rosalia Pona Vaccaro. She married Edward Fuist, who died April 24, 1974.
Fuist was a bookkeeper and auditor for a certified public accountant and a volunteer at Southeast Missouri Hospital Gift Shop. She was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church, Council of Catholic Women, Southeast Missouri Hospital Foundation and life member of Southeast Missouri Hospital Auxiliary.
Survivors include a son, Ben Sciortino of Wichita, Kan.; a daughter, Janice Rigdon of Cape Girardeau; a brother, James Vaccaro of St. Louis; a sister, Josephine Pivirotto of Crestwood, Mo.; seven grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, two brothers and three sisters.
Friends may call at St. Vincent's Church from 2 to 3 p.m. Sunday.
A memorial Mass will be at 3 p.m. Sunday at the church, with the Rev. J. Friedel officiating.
Lorberg Memorial Funeral Chapel is in charge of arrangements.