- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Edward G. Claussen, 82, of Anna died Monday, March 18, 2002, at Illinois Veterans Home.
He was born Dec. 6, 1919, in Newton, Ill., son of Edmund and Mabel Timmerman Claussen. He and Anna Belle Brown were married June 21, 1941, in Evanston, Ill.
Claussen was a retired police officer. He was a member of Anna VFW Post 3455.
He was a veteran of World War II.
Survivors include his wife; three daughters, Lynn Brome of Rockford, Ill., Donna Hopewell and Pat Flamm-Frakes of Anna; a son, Edmund Claussen of Park Ridge, Ill.; eight grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Friends may call at Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 2 p.m. Saturday.
Funeral will be at 4 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Sidney Davis officiating. Full military honors will be conducted by VFW Post 3455.