- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Autopsy held for assistant prosecutor in Illinois
MARION, Ill. -- Investigators were trying to determine Tuesday the cause of death of an Alexander County assistant state's attorney, who was found dead in his apartment.
Steve Jett, 39, was found dead Monday in his bed in Cambria, a small town in the far southern tip of the state, authorities said.
Police have not said how he died. An autopsy was planned for late Tuesday.
One report indicated that Jeff was found curled up on his side and that he died from gunshot wounds, according to the Southern Illinoisan newspaper, but Williamson County Sheriff Tom Cundiff would not confirm that report.
and told the newspaper that more information would be made available after the autopsy.