- State declares test results for schools invalid (10/4/17)2
- College algebra to be removed from Southeast required curriculum (10/10/17)1
- Child-custody advocate: State law needs fix to provide parents with more equal custody (10/12/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Cancer will 'change your life, but it doesn't have to rule it' (10/8/17)
- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Bills addressing equal child custody to be filed, legislators say (10/13/17)
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
Bodies found in car trunk
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- A man pulled over in Utah with two bodies in his trunk reportedly had a journal in the car with an entry reading "Torch car? ... Bury in remote area."
Patrick Daniel, 31, of Ann Arbor was arraigned Tuesday on two counts of murder in Sevier County, Utah.
Utah Highway Patrol officers stopped Daniel on Thursday and discovered the frozen, dismembered body of a woman and the body of a man with a noose around his neck.
Police said Robert Bilton Jr., 35, of Dearborn was strangled with a wire or cord and suffered a blow to the head. The name of the 31-year-old woman was not released.
The Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday that the journal read: "Torch car?... Bury in remote area."
Investigators said they believe Daniel was driving to Las Vegas to dispose of the bodies. He gave police a false name and told them he was on his way to visit his wife.
Troopers said they pulled Daniel over because his Missouri-registered car did not have a front license plate as required.