- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)12
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)14
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)13
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
Bodies found in car trunk
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- A man pulled over in Utah with two bodies in his trunk reportedly had a journal in the car with an entry reading "Torch car? ... Bury in remote area."
Patrick Daniel, 31, of Ann Arbor was arraigned Tuesday on two counts of murder in Sevier County, Utah.
Utah Highway Patrol officers stopped Daniel on Thursday and discovered the frozen, dismembered body of a woman and the body of a man with a noose around his neck.
Police said Robert Bilton Jr., 35, of Dearborn was strangled with a wire or cord and suffered a blow to the head. The name of the 31-year-old woman was not released.
The Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday that the journal read: "Torch car?... Bury in remote area."
Investigators said they believe Daniel was driving to Las Vegas to dispose of the bodies. He gave police a false name and told them he was on his way to visit his wife.
Troopers said they pulled Daniel over because his Missouri-registered car did not have a front license plate as required.