- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)27
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
Bodies found in car trunk
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- A man pulled over in Utah with two bodies in his trunk reportedly had a journal in the car with an entry reading "Torch car? ... Bury in remote area."
Patrick Daniel, 31, of Ann Arbor was arraigned Tuesday on two counts of murder in Sevier County, Utah.
Utah Highway Patrol officers stopped Daniel on Thursday and discovered the frozen, dismembered body of a woman and the body of a man with a noose around his neck.
Police said Robert Bilton Jr., 35, of Dearborn was strangled with a wire or cord and suffered a blow to the head. The name of the 31-year-old woman was not released.
The Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday that the journal read: "Torch car?... Bury in remote area."
Investigators said they believe Daniel was driving to Las Vegas to dispose of the bodies. He gave police a false name and told them he was on his way to visit his wife.
Troopers said they pulled Daniel over because his Missouri-registered car did not have a front license plate as required.