- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)3
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Bodies found in car trunk
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- A man pulled over in Utah with two bodies in his trunk reportedly had a journal in the car with an entry reading "Torch car? ... Bury in remote area."
Patrick Daniel, 31, of Ann Arbor was arraigned Tuesday on two counts of murder in Sevier County, Utah.
Utah Highway Patrol officers stopped Daniel on Thursday and discovered the frozen, dismembered body of a woman and the body of a man with a noose around his neck.
Police said Robert Bilton Jr., 35, of Dearborn was strangled with a wire or cord and suffered a blow to the head. The name of the 31-year-old woman was not released.
The Detroit Free Press reported Tuesday that the journal read: "Torch car?... Bury in remote area."
Investigators said they believe Daniel was driving to Las Vegas to dispose of the bodies. He gave police a false name and told them he was on his way to visit his wife.
Troopers said they pulled Daniel over because his Missouri-registered car did not have a front license plate as required.