- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
DONGOLA, Ill. -- Tom Reeves, 88, of Dongola died Monday, March 18, 2002, at his home.
He was born Dec. 29, 1913, in Bardwell, Ky., son of Samuel Fount and Kathryn Denton Reeves. He and Eulita Penrod were married Nov. 24, 1938.
Reeves was one of three managers that began organizing and served as a board member of Southern Illinois Power Cooperative. He worked at Southern Illinois Electric Cooperative from 1946-80, serving as manager more than 25 years.
He had been treasurer for village of Dongola and served on the First State Bank Board of Directors.
Reeves served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; two sons, Tim Reeves of Dongola, Jeff Reeves of Bloomington, Ill.; a sister, Julia Peeler of Dongola; four grandchildren; and a great-granddaughter.
He was preceded in death by an infant son and a brother.
Friends may call at First Baptist Church from 5 to 8 p.m. today, and from 8 to 11 a.m. Wednesday.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the church, with the Revs. Paul Sadler and Lucien Bozarth officiating. Burial will be in American Legion Cemetery.