- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Jackson Board of Aldermen actions 3/19/02
Held hearing to consider the special-use permit request of Art Spradlin for the establishment and operation of an auto repair shop as a home occupation in an R-2, single-family residential district, at 1402 S. Hope St.
Held hearing to consider amending Chapter 65 of the city code by adding the O-1, professional office district, regulations.
Action ItemsPower and Light Committee
Changed the regular council meeting date from May 6, to May 13, at 7:30 p.m.
Set a special meeting for April 10 at noon to consider an ordinance authorizing the issuance of Combined Waterworks and Sewerage System Revenue Bonds, the State Revolving Fund Program Series 2002 of the city of Jackson.
Approved the 2002 budget.
Accepted the dedication of sanitary sewer easement deeds from Robert Rafferty Jr. and Susan Rafferty, Don Sappington, Julie Sappington, Gary Sappington, Keith Schuessler and Diana Sue Sappington.
Authorized a contractual agreement with the Missouri Military Department and the Department of Defense relative to the Missouri National Guard performing certain tasks, repairs and work on public property in the city.
Approved the appointment of building and planning superintendent Janet Sanders to the 2002 Zoning Amendments Committee.
Authorized the submission of correspondence to the Missouri Department of Transportation relative to the improvements of Highway 72/34.
Accepted the bid of Fronabarger Concreters Inc. of Oak Ridge, Mo., in the amount of $90,162.48 under the 2002 Joint Sealing Maintenance Program.
Authorized a contractual agreement with Fronabarger Concreters Inc. relative to improvements under the 2002 Joint Sealing Maintenance Program.
Accepted the bid of A-1 Tree Service of Cape Girardeau in the amount of $64,875 under the 2002 Tree Trimming-East Electric Distribution Program.
Authorized a contractual agreement with A-1 Tree Service relative to tree trimming for electrical line clearance under the 2002 Tree Trimming-East Electric Distribution Program.