- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
NEW HAMBURG, Mo. -- Betty June Westrich, 77, of New Hamburg died Saturday, March 16, 2002, at Chaffee Nursing Center.
She was born Jan. 4, 1925, at Pasadena, Calif., daughter of Frank Henery and Ethel May Fusselman Walker. She and Michael Emmanuel Westrich were married Feb. 27, 1943, at Ontario, Calif.
She was a member of St. Lawrence Catholic Church in New Hamburg, New Hamburg Homemakers and St. Ann's Sodality.
Survivors include her husband; two sons, Michael K. Westrich of New Hamburg and Richard L. Westrich of Upland, Calif.; two sisters, Mildred Miller of Upland and Connie Lewis of Fayetteville, Ark.; a stepsister, Shirley Wells of Whittier, Calif.; six grandchildren; and four great-grandchildren.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Tuesday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Benton, Mo. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at St. Lawrence Catholic Church, with the Rev. Normand Varone officiating. Burial will be in St. Lawrence Cemetery.