- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
JACKSON, Mo. -- Barbara Ann Heffington and John Roy Layer were united in marriage Feb. 2, 2002, at Route 25 Hall. The Rev. Art Hunt performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of the late Luther Tackett and the late Vena Tackett. The groom is the son of Roy and Sondra Layer of Jackson.
The bride's attendants were her sons, Troy Heffington of Cape Girardeau and Kurt Heffington of Jackson.
Johnna Layer, daughter of the groom, was her father's attendant.
Kathy Pender attended the guest book, and Melissa Rider handed out programs.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the hall. Servers were Lillian Pender, Delores Tackett and Theresa Davis.
The groom's mother hosted the rehearsal dinner at Ponderosa Steak House in Cape Girardeau.
Mrs. Layer is employed by Southwestern Bell Telephone.
The groom is a student at Southeast Missouri State University.
The couple is residing in Topeka, Kan.