- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
BENTON, Mo. -- Donna Jean Lynn and Jason Joseph Claes were married Oct. 13, 2001, at St. Vincent de Paul Archdiocesan Pastoral Center in St. Louis. The Rev. Michael T. Butler performed the double ring ceremony.
Readers were Katie Valadares and Greg Robeson, and prayers of the faithful were given by Tammy King, cousin of the bride. Gift presenters were Devon and Emilie Beard, cousins of the bride; Debbie Sidelinker and Glen Clayton, godparents of the bride.
Keyboardist was Beth Leible of Imperial, Mo.; guitarist was Karl Zimmerman of Belleville, Ill.; vocalists were Bobbie King of Oak Ridge, Mo., cousin of the bride; and Zimmerman.
The bride is the daughter of Donald and Katherine Lynn of Benton. The groom is the son of Joseph and Judy Claes of St. Charles, Mo.
Matron of honor was Michelle Dorman of Kelso, Mo. Bridesmaids were Jennifer Dieken of St. Louis; Jessica Claes, Jill McNeive and Julie Schlichting, all of St. Louis and sisters of the groom. Junior bridesmaid was Ashley Nussbaum, daughter of Kevin and Jeannine Nussbaum of St. Albans, Mo., and cousin of the bride.
Scott Loesch of Lees Summit, Mo., served the groom as best man. Groomsmen were Doug Lynn of Benton, brother of the bride; John Luebker of Memphis, Tenn., Steve Birk of St. Peters, Mo., and Ken Hoernschemeyer of St. Louis. Ushers were Mike Leible of Imperial, Mo., Chris Bucher, Dan McNeive and Chris Schlichting, brothers-in-law of the groom, all of St. Louis.
Ringbearers were Matthew McNeive and Phillip Schlichting, nephews of the groom. Matthew is the son of Dan and Jill McNeive. Phillip is the son of Chris and Julie Schlichting.
Trisha Emmons of Benton and Danielle Young of St. Louis attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at South County Holiday Inn in St. Louis.
The bride's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner Oct. 12 at Cheshire Inn in Richmond Heights, Mo.
Mrs. Claes is a 1994 graduate of Kelly High School, and received a bachelor of science degree in pharmacy from St. Louis College of Pharmacy. She is a second year medical student at the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Medicine.
The groom is a 1991 graduate of Duchesne High School in St. Charles. He received a bachelor of science degree in business and finance from Quincy College in 1995, and a master's degree in business administration from Fontbonne College in 1999. He is director of youth ministry for the Catholic Diocese of Jefferson City, Mo.
The couple resides in Columbia, Mo.