- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Tip to Bluff police leads to five arrests
POPLAR BLUFF, Mo. -- An anonymous call to the Poplar Bluff Police Department led to the arrest of five people and the seizure of what authorities describe as a "substantial quantity" of suspected methamphetamine.
Police detective Kevin Elledge said the call Wednesday indicated a black Durango was at a house on Abbott Street and that it had a large quantity of methamphetamine. The police department's narcotics division set up a surveillance at the residence.
Police officers arrestedDaniel L. McKinnon, 31, of Alexandria, La., on two municipal failure to appear warrants.
Also arrested were Donald Justin Ginocchio, 30, Teresa Barker, 39, Jason Lee McKinnon, 28, and Laurie Ann Muller, 33, all of Poplar Bluff.
All five suspects were booked at the Butler County jail.