- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
JACKSON, Mo. -- Robert J. Hope, 84, of Jackson died Wednesday, March 13, 2002, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 21, 1918, at Pocahontas, Mo., son of James Robert and Bertha Thompson Hope. He and June Barber were married Feb. 21, 1946, at Pocahontas.
Hope was a farmer. He hosted Soil Security Day Aug. 5, 1948, on the Hope family farm, with 15,000 attending.
He was a former member and past officer of Apple Creek Presbyterian Church. He was a member of Brazeau Presbyterian Church and Apple Creek Memorial Association.
Survivors include his wife; three sons, James Hope of Jackson, Robert Hope Jr. of Marble Hill, Mo., Gary Hope of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Barbara Taylor of Benton, Mo.; a brother, Paul Hope of Cape Girardeau; seven grandchildren; a stepgrandchild; six great-grandchildren; and a great-stepgrandchild.
He was preceded in death by two brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call at Cracraft-Miller Funeral Home from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Apple Creek Presbyterian Church, with the Rev. Grant Gillard officiating. Burial will be in Old Apple Creek Cemetery.