- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Indian prime minister issues peace appeal to Hindus, Muslims
AYODHYA, India -- India's prime minister appealed for peace Thursday following Hindu-Muslim violence that has killed more than 700 people, and police arrested hundreds of Hindu activists ahead of a disputed prayer ceremony.
More than 14,000 police and troops patrolled streets and canals in the northern city of Ayodhya, where Hindu nationalists vowed to pray Friday near the site of a razed 16th-century mosque despite a Supreme Court ban on the ceremony.