- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)34
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)15
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
Indian prime minister issues peace appeal to Hindus, Muslims
AYODHYA, India -- India's prime minister appealed for peace Thursday following Hindu-Muslim violence that has killed more than 700 people, and police arrested hundreds of Hindu activists ahead of a disputed prayer ceremony.
More than 14,000 police and troops patrolled streets and canals in the northern city of Ayodhya, where Hindu nationalists vowed to pray Friday near the site of a razed 16th-century mosque despite a Supreme Court ban on the ceremony.