- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)24
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)6
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
People talk 3/15/02
Actor describes battle with bottle in new book
NEW YORK -- Michael J. Fox turned to alcohol after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1991, he says in his autobiography.
In "Lucky Man: A Memoir," the former "Spin City" star describes the nightly drinking binges, which his wife, actress Tracy Pollan, confronted him about. Excerpts from the book, due out in April, appear in the March 25 issue of People magazine.
"At the end of the workday I'd drink a couple of beers in my trailer, having a couple more as my teamster driver shuttled me home. At dinner, I'd ask Tracy if she wanted wine. I'd select a bottle, pour us each a glass, then take the bottle back into the kitchen under the pretense of returning it to the refrigerator. In my other hand, I'd be carrying my own wine glass," Fox writes.
Russo praises courage of talk show host
NEW YORK -- While appearing on ABC's "Good Morning America" to promote her new movie, "Showtime," Rene Russo cried on Thursday and said how grateful she was to the lesbians who raised her after her father left.
She was inspired to talk about her childhood following a segment on Rosie O'Donnell's "Primetime Thursday" interview, in which O'Donnell reveals that she's a lesbian and discusses her opposition to a Florida ban on gay adoption.
- From wire reports