- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
People talk 3/15/02
Actor describes battle with bottle in new book
NEW YORK -- Michael J. Fox turned to alcohol after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1991, he says in his autobiography.
In "Lucky Man: A Memoir," the former "Spin City" star describes the nightly drinking binges, which his wife, actress Tracy Pollan, confronted him about. Excerpts from the book, due out in April, appear in the March 25 issue of People magazine.
"At the end of the workday I'd drink a couple of beers in my trailer, having a couple more as my teamster driver shuttled me home. At dinner, I'd ask Tracy if she wanted wine. I'd select a bottle, pour us each a glass, then take the bottle back into the kitchen under the pretense of returning it to the refrigerator. In my other hand, I'd be carrying my own wine glass," Fox writes.
Russo praises courage of talk show host
NEW YORK -- While appearing on ABC's "Good Morning America" to promote her new movie, "Showtime," Rene Russo cried on Thursday and said how grateful she was to the lesbians who raised her after her father left.
She was inspired to talk about her childhood following a segment on Rosie O'Donnell's "Primetime Thursday" interview, in which O'Donnell reveals that she's a lesbian and discusses her opposition to a Florida ban on gay adoption.
- From wire reports