- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)16
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
People talk 3/15/02
Actor describes battle with bottle in new book
NEW YORK -- Michael J. Fox turned to alcohol after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1991, he says in his autobiography.
In "Lucky Man: A Memoir," the former "Spin City" star describes the nightly drinking binges, which his wife, actress Tracy Pollan, confronted him about. Excerpts from the book, due out in April, appear in the March 25 issue of People magazine.
"At the end of the workday I'd drink a couple of beers in my trailer, having a couple more as my teamster driver shuttled me home. At dinner, I'd ask Tracy if she wanted wine. I'd select a bottle, pour us each a glass, then take the bottle back into the kitchen under the pretense of returning it to the refrigerator. In my other hand, I'd be carrying my own wine glass," Fox writes.
Russo praises courage of talk show host
NEW YORK -- While appearing on ABC's "Good Morning America" to promote her new movie, "Showtime," Rene Russo cried on Thursday and said how grateful she was to the lesbians who raised her after her father left.
She was inspired to talk about her childhood following a segment on Rosie O'Donnell's "Primetime Thursday" interview, in which O'Donnell reveals that she's a lesbian and discusses her opposition to a Florida ban on gay adoption.
- From wire reports