- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
People talk 3/15/02
Actor describes battle with bottle in new book
NEW YORK -- Michael J. Fox turned to alcohol after being diagnosed with Parkinson's disease in 1991, he says in his autobiography.
In "Lucky Man: A Memoir," the former "Spin City" star describes the nightly drinking binges, which his wife, actress Tracy Pollan, confronted him about. Excerpts from the book, due out in April, appear in the March 25 issue of People magazine.
"At the end of the workday I'd drink a couple of beers in my trailer, having a couple more as my teamster driver shuttled me home. At dinner, I'd ask Tracy if she wanted wine. I'd select a bottle, pour us each a glass, then take the bottle back into the kitchen under the pretense of returning it to the refrigerator. In my other hand, I'd be carrying my own wine glass," Fox writes.
Russo praises courage of talk show host
NEW YORK -- While appearing on ABC's "Good Morning America" to promote her new movie, "Showtime," Rene Russo cried on Thursday and said how grateful she was to the lesbians who raised her after her father left.
She was inspired to talk about her childhood following a segment on Rosie O'Donnell's "Primetime Thursday" interview, in which O'Donnell reveals that she's a lesbian and discusses her opposition to a Florida ban on gay adoption.
- From wire reports