- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)21
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
JACKSON, Mo. -- Irene M. Self, 89, of Jackson died Monday, March 11, 2002, at Monticello House.
She was born June 30, 1912, at Hilderbrand, Mo., daughter of Joseph and Elizabeth Riehl Ruch. She and John J. Self were married Aug. 13, 1938. He died Aug. 9, 1992.
Self was a member of St. Maurus Catholic Church at Biehle, Mo.
Survivors include a son, John Self of High Ridge, Mo.; a daughter, Mabel Carnell of Jackson; a sister, Ida Berkbigler of Perryville, Mo.; 19 grandchildren; 25 great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a son, a daughter, six brothers, and three sisters.
Friends may call at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson from 4 to 8 p.m. today.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home. The Revs. Thomas Bray and Bob Cheney will officiate. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.