- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
People on the move 3/11/02
Television station names new news director
KFVS12 has announced that Mark Little is the new news director for Heartland News. Since 1999, Little has served as assignment manager and assistant news director for KFVS12.
"I'm honored and thrilled to receive this promotion," Little said. "Our newsroom is full of hard-working, dedicated journalists, and I look forward to leading such a fine group."
Little brings an extensive background in television news. Throughout his career he has served television newsrooms in the St. Louis market, including KSDK and KMOV. Most recently in St. Louis he worked for KPLR-TV as a producer, field producer and assignment manager.
Dexter surgeon receives master's in bioethics
Dexter's Dr. David McFadden has received his master's degree in bioethics from Trinity International University in Deerfield, Ill. McFadden spent almost two years commuting to Chicago to obtain the advanced degree and plans to use his experience for the benefit of the community and hospitals.
He most recently held a bioethics seminar in Caruthersville, where the topics of embryonic stem cell research and cloning were featured. McFadden is currently a general surgeon practicing at TENET Healthcare in Poplar Bluff and at Dexter Memorial Hospital in Dexter.
Harris new agent for Country Insurance
Scott Harris has been named an agent for Country Insurance and Financial Services in Cape Girardeau. Country Insurance and Financial Services offers insurance and financial products and services from auto, home, and life insurance to investment management services and mutual funds.
-- From staff reports